This was filmed by Alan Stingemore in the late 1980s. Alan was a keen amateur filmmaker who had a particular interest in railways and cinemas.
This had been the site of the Red Lantern Cinema in Herne Bay until its closure in 1937 and was filmed by Alan Stingemore in the late 1980s.
Filmed by Alan Stingemore in the late 1980s.
Filmed by Alan Stingemore just before the Cannon Cinema in Herne Bay closed down.
This was a gala event in 1988 at the Cannon Cinema in Canterbury to celebrate the opening of the second screen.
Shots of both The Friars and the Central Picture Theatre in Canterbury in around 1947.