The Library and Learning Resources team has a motto.
It’s quite simple… you may have seen it on signs in our libraries.
It’s…. Just ASK!
Our staffed library desks on the ground floor of Augustine House and at the Drill Hall and Salomons Libraries are a great place to find help. You’ll find friendly staff looking forward to help you. We may now be encased in a protective plastic bubble… but we’re still as friendly and eager to help! We can help you with borrowing, renewing and returning books. We’ll show you how to find items on the shelves or how to place a reservation for an item that’s out on loan. We’ll help you manage your library account and make a start with electronic resources.
Can’t get to one of our service points? You can contact us by email for the same range of support.
- Canterbury email email@example.com.
- Salomons email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medway email email@example.com
You can find out more about Live Chat on the library blog.
We ensure important library information reaches you through the student news feed, this very blog you are reading now and our twitter account @ccculibrary. We also take over the CCCU Instagram Account to bring you an occasional IG Story. Also, keep an eye on your student cohort Facebook pages.
Visit the current students website for all the information you need to use the Library. You can also visit the i-zone faqs to discover the answers to common questions about the Library. If you’re finding Augustine House difficult to navigate why not have a look at the layout on the interactive map?
Learning Skills Team
Your Learning Skills Team provides a range of services that can help you develop and enhance your academic abilities, such as:
- The Learning Skills Hub – The hub contains a collection of short and interactive modules on the topics students often book tutorials for, such as academic writing, critical thinking, referencing and time management. The modules are made with you in mind and are easy to dip into at any time to develop your skills and you can assess your learning at the end of each module to check you are on track.
- offering virtual workshops and individual academic tutorials for students. You can book a 1-2-1 tutorial through the Learning Skills Hub too.
- collaborating with lecturers to develop and embed support for students’ information literacy skills and digital capability.
Learning & Research Librarians can help you with your research finding, evaluating and effectively using appropriate information for your studies. They can also advise you on ways to make referencing easier.
Learning Developers can help with the planning and preparation of assignments, presentations and projects.
The Drill Hall Library at Medway is shared with the Universities of Greenwich and Kent. You can find out more about the services at Medway through the Drill Hall Library website or their Twitter account, @DrillHallLib.
One last thing
We are always looking at ways to improve our range of communication channels. If there’s another way you’d like to get in touch with us why not leave us a comment below? or use our online feedback form.
And remember now your studies are under way, if you need any help in the library…