Sustainability

Introducing new communications officer

Introducing new communications officer

Hello, I’m Hannah, and I’m the Student Green Office’s new communications officer. I’m a second year Education Studies and Theology student, and am also in the University’s choirs and orchestras.

I have always cared deeply for the natural world, and the welfare of those living in it, and, combined with my love of writing and my voluntary experience in journalism, I feel that this role suits me perfectly!

As I learn more about the effects of human life on Earth, its climate, and its natural resources, I am desperate to make a difference. I’m learning each day how I can make small changes towards a more sustainable and future-focused lifestyle, and would love to share these ideas with you. Whether it’s buying clothes second-hand, cycling to campus, or growing fruit and veg in a small garden, I have lots of tips for how students like me can reduce their harmful impact on the planet, even without making a big dent in that famously tight student budget!

I’m excited for the opportunities that being a part of the Student Green Office will give me; I love being an active member of the University community, and can’t wait to get stuck in!