Due to essential building works being carried out on the library roof we will be closing the Quiet and Silent zones at the Drill Hall library to all staff and students on Saturday 2 April. This is to ensure the health and safety of our users.
Whilst we will endeavour to provide a full library service, access to some book stock will also be affected.
We expect this work is to be completed by the end of Saturday 2 April but it may continue on to Sunday 3 April.
How will this affect you?
- There will be no access to study spaces in the Quiet or Silent Zones
- No access to books stocks in those zones
- External Members – PC access is unavailable (Guest Wi-Fi is available if you being your own device)
What is available during the works?
- Study spaces, PCs and printing in the Group Zone only
- Laptop loans (same day loan until 9pm or 3-day loan)
- Helpdesk is open 10am – 4pm
- Library Café is open 10am – 5pm (vending machine after service hours)
- You can return books and check out pre-reserved items that are ready for collection
- You can access e-books online via your university LibrarySearch
We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding whilst we make major building improvements.