Bringing medtech to the Kent and Medway EDGE: Medical and medical technology innovation with the Kent and Medway Engineering, Design, Growth and Enterprise (EDGE) Hub.
- Date: Monday 15 March 2021
- Time: 12:00 to 15:00
- Location: Online
- Cost: Free
Join colleagues from across Kent and Medway for a virtual business event hosted by the Kent and Medway Engineering, Design, Growth and Enterprise (EDGE) Hub, to discover how Canterbury Christ Church University can support medical innovation in the ‘new normal’. Canterbury Christ Church University has invested significantly in Technology, Engineering and Medicine over the past few years, with a rapidly growing pool of talent and expertise, and a new state-of-the-art facility housed in Canterbury.
Find out about the expertise available from the University’s engineering and technology department and from the new Kent and Medway Medical School (KMMS). This will be followed by presentations on some of the opportunities available to collaborate with the University, accessing InnovateUK and UKRI funding, and some of the opportunities for medical innovation being developed across the region.
The event will include:
- A presentation on a new Internet of Things project being undertaken in partnership between the University and East Kent Hospital Trust.
- Presentations from both KMMS and the Engineering and Technology department on the growing research ambitions and opportunities within the University.
- Presentation from University colleagues on identifying funding opportunities to support medical innovations and maximising chances of bidding success
- An introduction to Maidstone’s MedTech investment
The event will finish with smaller breakout rooms to provide an opportunity to explore ideas and network.