Engineering, Technology and Design

Why I Chose to Study… Computer Forensics and Security

Female software engineer
by Katie Ainscough, Year 1 Computer Forensics and Security student, Canterbury Christ Church University

I am currently in my first year at Canterbury Christ Church University studying Computer Forensics and Security. Before I came to a Christ Church open day I was set on an apprenticeship, as no other universities stood out for me.

Something that really stood out for me when first coming to see Christ Church were the engaging and proactive lecturers, as well as the balance of genders among the academic staff of the School of Engineering, Technology and Design, which was a massive draw for me to come to here. I felt that this University had a strong focus on individuals’ learning and how to support each person in their studies. Due to having Dyslexia myself the strong Disability Service at Canterbury Christ Church University made me know I was going to receive the support I needed for my studies.

Christ Church’s new building was of interest to me as well, as it promises the newest technology and study spaces in aiding me in my degree. In addition, Canterbury as a city was a selling point for me as I love how unique and rich in historical culture it is, whilst still having a lively community. One of the main reasons that made me choose Christ Church as my University was the fact I could see myself living, studying and enjoying my time here during my studies. As I finish off my first year studying Computer Forensics and Security at Canterbury Christ Church University, I know that I made the right decision.

Further Information

To find out more about our courses visit https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/science-engineering-and-social-sciences/engineering-technology-and-design/school-of-engineering-technology-and-design.aspx.  You can also call us on our course enquiry number 01227 928000.  We are waiting for your call.  The next Open Day to find out more is on Saturday June 12th where you will have a chance to meet the academic team and our current students to find out more about what we have to offer. To book an Open Day go to https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/study-here/applying/visit-us.