Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Education

Inspiring Student: Work Experience at the British Association for Local History

History and Film, Radio and Television combined honours student, Marek Masojada, participated in a newly established work placement as part of their second year History module, Applied Humanities: Employability in Practice. Senior lecturer in Modern History, Dr John Bulaitis, organised this innovative partnership with the British Association for Local History (BALH).

As part of the placement, Marek researched, wrote and produced a ten-minute documentary focusing on Canterbury’s hidden Roman past, titled ‘Elements of Roman Canterbury in Plain Sight’. You can view Marek’s second year documentary here.

“I cannot express enough how grateful I am to have been given this opportunity to be on placement with the BALH. The knowledge and confidence I have gained from it, as well as the friendships I have made, will help me a great deal going forward in my last year at Canterbury Christ Church and beyond.”

Marek Masojada, Year 3 History and Film Production student

You can read more about Marek’s work experience placement in the Autumn edition of the BALH Newsletter.

Visit our webpages to explore our History and Film, Radio and Television courses.