GET YOURSELF READY FOR A GRADUATE JOB WITH GET HIRED!
Is your graduation just around the corner? Apply for GradForce’s exclusive Get Hired! self-development and employability programme now.
GradForce are back with a brilliant new and improved self-development and employability programme entitled Get Hired! The GradForce project aims to help equal the playing field and close the attainment gap by working exclusively with final year students, postgraduates and recent unemployed alumni to help prepare them for the transition into graduate-level employment.
We have created the exclusive FREE Get Hired! training programme which is due to take place virtually between late January 2021 – May 2021. The programme comprises of 5 core topics which focus on building your strengths, enabling a growth mindset ready to face challenges, giving realistic expectations and fully preparing you for the graduate recruitment cycle. All sessions on the course are run on Blackboard Collaborate and are offered up to three times on different dates to ensure it does not clash with your University timetable and personal commitments.
Many new graduates are unaware of what to expect of what is required of them as they move on from University. Being a graduate requires a graduate mentality and GradForce will ensure you leave Christ Church with that. Upon completion of the Get Hired! programme, you will have developed the confidence to think and act like a professional by understanding yourself and what an employer looks for in a recent graduate employee.
Topics covered in the programme include:
- Who Do You Think You Are? – An introduction to growth mindset, resilience and overcoming imposter syndrome
- Belbin Team Roles – Coming to terms with your strengths and weaknesses and how they apply to the workplace
- Personal Branding – How to take control of your personal brand and knowing your values
- The Recruitment Cycle (Delivered in 3 parts) – An interactive real-life simulation of a graduate recruitment process
- Professionalism In The Workplace – Understanding the level of professionalism required in the graduate workplace
As much as we would love to work with every student, we can only accept up to 60 students onto the Get Hired! programme during the academic year 2020/2021. You must be a final year undergraduate, postgraduate, recent unemployed alumnus or recent graduate working in a non-graduate role to apply for the programme and we will actively select students from under-represented groups, including:
- BAME students
- Students with disabilities
- Students who are the first in their family to go to University
- Students with mental health issues
- Students who are care leavers
- Students with refugee status
If you don’t meet the eligibility criteria, there is still plenty of careers support you can access right now. If you would like to access job application support, career coaching, free workshops and more, you can access the Careers & Enterprise Hub throughout the duration of your degree and three years after graduation. If you are a current student or graduate looking for temporary work at Christ Church or in the local community, Unitemps can help.
If you would like to read more about GradForce and the Get Hired! programme please go to our webpage here.
Getting further support from The Careers and Enterprise Team at CCCU
You can get ongoing careers support via the following ways: