Christ Church Sport

Cake anyone?

Cake anyone?

TIP#7 Use a wooden spoon instead of a electric mixer. Move more is all about making those small changes to your lifestyle to reduce sedentary time and get people more active. This tip is perfect example of how a small change can help your health. It’s not all about using your legs and walking, you can get a good arm workout beating a cake.

I don’t bake very often but this week is my mothers birthday, so lucky for her i’m whipping up a birthday cake. I got a new wooden spoon for under a pound and got baking. My arms were failing halfway through, and my cake batter still showing the dreaded flour clumps. So I got my partner in on the action, thus two of us were moving more. Another plus was that there was a lot less washing up to do compared to an electric mixer, where it all seems to go everywhere and it’s a pain to clean the attachments.

Overall, a cleaner, healthier way of baking, let’s ignore how much cake I ate afterwards! Maybe I will need to go on that walk after all…