Arts and culture

Meet the Arts and Culture Interns: Liberty Butler

Arts and Culture Intern Liberty Butler

The Arts and Culture team is thrilled to welcome five student interns who will be working with us over the 2023-2024 academic year. We’ve asked each of them to introduce themselves in a blog post.

Arts and Culture Intern Liberty Butler
A&C Intern Liberty Butler

Hi, I’m Liberty Butler and I am an Arts and Culture Intern. I am currently in my last year of a Musical Theatre Degree which I am very much enjoying.

In my spare time I love to go to the theatre, especially The Marlowe, which is right on our doorstep in Canterbury and is such a luxury with all the West End productions touring there.  

At Canterbury Christ Church University there have been many opportunities that I am very grateful for, one being able to stage manage the 2022/2023 Annual Summer Musical, which I am hoping to be involved in again this year, in addition to this Internship. I feel like I have grown at CCCU and have come into my own.

I am so looking forward to being in the Arts and Culture team this year as I want to venture into Production Management in television after university and I believe the skills I will learn on this Internship will definitely benefit me for the future. I am excited to start!