Christ Church Sport

Walking To Work – The Logical Start To My Day

I was going to write about walking to work. However, as I live in Deal, I feel that it is a little too far to walk to Canterbury. So I instead take the bus!

Now does this come under the heading of ‘Walk To Work’? Well, from where I live, it’s a 15 minute walk to the bus stop. This helps me to get my metabolism going first thing and as I do it at a fast pace, it gets the calorie burning activated.

This equates to adding 2.5 hours, 3.75 miles a week to my activity list. This is enough, from rough calculating, to burn through the calories I take in from eating a couple of doughnuts in the week! So if you like to indulge occasionally in a custard doughnut like I do, then this is one way of making sure that it doesn’t remain part of you for a long time.

Also by walking and taking the bus, I am able to listen to motivational and self-development podcasts and MP3s, again adding to my wellbeing at the start and end of the working day. Something that can’t be done effectively in a car I feel.

Over the weeks of doing this, I have found that I am walking further, learning more, developing myself beyond what I thought I could, and enjoying life. OK, there is more to my wellbeing than just Walking to Work, but the sum of small things equals massive action and development for one’s body and mind.

Have a fantastic week everyone.

Ian
Administrative Assistant
Timetabling and Rooming Office