Supporting Off-Campus Learning
Blended Learning Guidance
A dedicated webpage for Blended Learning guidance has been created to support staff.
A dedicated webpage for Take-Home Exams (revised for 2021-22) has been created to support staff.
Accessing the Learning Platform Suite from Off-Campus
The entire Learning Platform Suite, comprised of Blackboard and all other tools available through it, can be accessed off-campus and from home. Blackboard has an externally available web address meaning that all users can get to the service from their devices (e.g. desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones) without the need to be on the University’s network and without using the Remote Desktop Service (RDS). The service can be accessed through StaffNet (for staff), the Current Students webpage (for students) or directly at https://learn.canterbury.ac.uk
What you Need
To access Blackboard off-campus and from home you will need:
- an internet connection
- a browser that is relatively up to date, e.g. Goodle Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge. Please note that Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft and is therefore not recommended as users may experience issues.
- your normal CCCU login details (i.e. username and password)
Tip: Google Chrome is our recommended browser as it has proven the most compatible with Blackboard and its tools and is free to download. If you choose not to, other browsers are compatible too but some services may not function properly and support may be limited. Find out more on our Browser Support page.
Where & How to Access each Service
The following links go to pages in the Knowledge Base about each service which explain the best way to access each.
- ReCap – My Media & Module Channels ; Recording Software
Do Not Use RDS
We discourage staff from using Remote Desktop Service (RDS) for accessing and using the Learning Platform Suite. If used for Blackboard, the following issues could occur:
- slow or delayed connection
- clashes with the saving feature in Turnitin, potentially resulting in unsaved grades/feedback
- peripheral devices not detected or unusable (e.g. headsets, microphones, cameras)
Note: the University’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) servive is fine to use with the Learning Platform Suite.