IMPORTANT NOTE: Students are required to submit work to Turnitin themselves. For students with disabilities, submitting work uses regular Blackboard web pages which are screenreadable and tab-controllable. However, it can take a lot of ‘tabbing’ to use. If students find this difficult, tutors or programme administrators may submit work on their behalf.
To submit a student’s work for them,
- Go to the Assignment InBox of the Turnitin Assignment you want to submit the student’s work to.
- Click in the Submit on behalf of student field and select the student name from the drop-down list that appears:
NOTE: If the student’s name does not appear in the drop-down list, please see: Update list of student names displayed in Turnitin (Refresh Inbox Data).
- A prompt will appear confirming which student name was selected to submit on behalf of. Select Continue if it is the correct student name.
- Enter the Submission Title
- Click on Choose File and navigate to the correct file
- Select Upload and Review
- Wait for the Submit File screen to display fully and double check the details
- When you are happy that the correct file is being uploaded select Submit to Turnitin
- Wait for the green tick to appear to confirm successful submission.
- The screen will return to the Assignment Inbox.