The recording software is already installed on the University PC’s, but should you wish to use the software from home, you will need to download and install it first.
If using a podium PC in a teaching space you have not used before, please check that the microphone indicator (see point 4 in YuJa software station image below) is showing that audio is being detected.
- Within the ReCap media window select the Create Recording link at the top of the screen.
- The Create Recording window will open:
- Make your selection from the drop-down option available
- Click on Start
- Select to “Open URL:YuJa Protocol” from the window that opens:
The recording Software Station window will open:
- Enter a Title
- Click on the folder icon and select which folder you wish to store your recording in. (Should you forget to select this, your recording will be automatically placed in your Manage Media /Default Collection.)
When using an on-campus Podium PC:
- If using an on-campus podium PC click on the drop-down option against Profile to select what elements you wish to capture in the recording:
e.g. Microphone and Screen only.
When using your own PC at home:
Select each of the Video, Audio and Screen options to select which you wish to turn ON or OFF.
- Ensure that the audio bar is showing that sound is being picked up.
- If you are recording at your desk and you have dual monitors, or use extended screen mode in lecture theatres or if a webcam has a microphone, then please check that each correct device is selected for its purpose.
To select another screen other than the default ‘primary’ screen, select Advanced Settings and from the small window that opens use the drop-down option to select the correct screen.
Always double check your preview display in the Software Capture window to see if the correct screen is being captured before clicking on Start.
Once you have selected Start a countdown from 3 will appear on the screen:
Both the Microphone and the Screen (depending on which profile was selected in the earlier options) are now being recorded.
The ReCap toolbar will be visible in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen from which you can either Pause or Stop the recording, or open the YuJa Software Window (selecting the YuJa logo):
If the toolbar’s positioning is obscuring areas of your screen, simply move it by clicking on the edge and dragging it to a new location:
Selecting the double chevron on the right-hand edge will open further options:
There is also video, demonstrating how to manually record using ReCap on-campus using the podium PC (Please note this was recorded prior to the Ultra upgrade, therefore the initial screens will look slightly different): Manually recording using ReCap on campus.