Embedding a Padlet into a Blackboard
- Open your Padlet and click on the SHARE button towards the top-right of the screen
- In the SHARE menu, scroll down to the SHARE section
- Select the option Embed in your blog or on your website
- Click on the word COPY under the Full Embed section (larger) box at the top of the side panel. This copies the HTML code powering your Padlet. (a confirmation message will appear to let you know that the link has been copied)
- In any Blackboard site in which you have Instructor permissions, go to the area or folder in which you wish to place the link. Choose Build Content > Item
- Give the item a Name.
- In the Text box area click on the < > button (located on the bottom row of options, to the left of the person/accessibility icon). If you only have one formatting toolbar showing on your Text box area, select the … icon (furthest right-hand icon) to show more / expand all toolbars.
- A pop-up window will appear. Paste (CTRL+V) your copied HTML code here and click the Update button at the bottom to confirm. The pop-up window will close and your Padlet should now appear in the Text box.
- Click Submit to finalise.
NOTE: pasting HTML into Blackboard can break some features depending on the source (Padlet is fine). If you wish to make further use of this with other applications, please contact the TEL team in the first instance.