Blackboard has a feature which will help your students get the most from their course resources, and help you make your Blackboard space inclusive for all.
Blackboard Ally automatically converts course resources into a variety of formats, from HTML and e-book for reading on mobile devices, to Electronic Braille for the visually impaired, and audio for learning on the go.
Files uploaded to Blackboard are automatically given an Ally icon (looks like an ‘A’ with an arrow next to it) to the right of the file name, clicking on this opens the option to download the following different formats:
- Tagged PDF – for improved use with assistive technology
- HTML – for viewing in the browser and on mobile devices
- e-pub – for reading as e-book on iPad and other e-book readers
- Electronic braille – for use with electronic braille displays
- Audio MP3 – for listening
- Bee-line reader – enhanced version for easier on screen reading
- Immersive Reader – Read Aloud experience to aid reading comprehension. Online only.