Sustainability

SGO: I Matter.

Sustainability

SGO: I Matter.

Equality, diversity and inclusion are integral principles at Canterbury Christ Church University. Recent events have highlighted the intense disparities and inequalities faced by BAME groups in areas such as higher education, the criminal justice systems and the health sector.

The university has thus further strengthened its stance on equality, diversity, and inclusion by playing an important role in dismantling racism and addressing key inequalities that affect BAME groups. It has launched various campaigns and initiatives such as the I Matter and Allyship Campaigns to help do this.

The I Matter campaign was launched at the start of November in support of the Black Lives Matter Movement. It aims to offer black students and staff a platform for their voices to be heard. Signing up and showing your support is easy. Simply head to the CCCU website; which offers further instructions. All one has to do is to post an image saying, ‘I MATTER’, and share on social media by tagging the hashtag #CCCUBH365.

The campaign also works in conjunction with the Allyship campaign which offers non-BAME groups a chance to stand in solidarity and offer their support. To take part, please head to the website, make a pledge, and share.

Please take time to join in the campaigns and share the message.

Thank you.

by Kumba Krubally, SGO Projects Officer #BAMEprojects