- 1 large diced onion
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 heaped teaspoons of garlic paste (alternatively just use grated garlic)
- 2 heaped teaspoons of ginger paste (alternatively grated ginger)
- 10 curry leaves
- 3 heaped tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 cauliflower cut into small florets.
- salt to season
- Gently fry the onions until fully golden brown (about 5/10 mins) then add the garlic and ginger pastes. Fry for a further minute to combine.
- Now add the desiccated coconut to the mixture and gently fry until golden and fragrant.
- Remove from the heat and blend to form a smooth paste. You may need to add a little cold water to adjust consistency. Leave to one side.
- Next using the original pan on a higher heat, add the cauliflower and spices and a little oil. Add a few tablespoons of water to create steam and to allow the spices to coat the cauliflower. Cook for a few mins to give colour to the cauliflower.
- Now add the original paste and coconut milk and season. Reduce temperature to a simmer.
- Cook for about 15/20 minutes with a lid slightly ajar until cauliflower is cooked.
Serve with rice.