What is HOSTUK?
HOSTUK promotes international friendship and understanding by arranging for international students at British universities to meet UK residents in their homes. And this is available to our CCCU International students.
Hinako, from Japan, who studied English Language, Psychology and Politics at CCCU as a exchange student from Kansai University was able to do a HOSTUK visit with a family in Whitstable for a weekend.
She enjoyed the opportunity to learn more about British culture and was impressed how welcoming her hosts were. It helped her improve her English language, gave her an insight into British lifestyle and a chance to try local food. It was very easy to organise, because HOSTUK supported her every step of the way and would definitely recommend the opportunity to other students.
You can apply for a HOST visit if you are:
- Registered as an international student, or EU student, on a full-time course at a university or college in the UK. HOST cannot accept applications from outside the UK
- Aged 18+
- You will still be in the UK for at least 6 weeks after the date of your application
- You can include your husband, wife, partner, children – if they are living in the UK for the duration of your study period. HOST cannot accept applications from visiting family members or friends
- You can apply to go to the host with an international student friend – your friend must complete a separate application. Please make sure that you and your friend give us the same dates when you will both be available, and the same travel budget.
- Visit – there is no fee for the visit itself, thanks to the generosity of the hosts, who give their hospitality free of charge. Your hosts will provide your meals when you are in their home, but you should take some money with you so that you can offer to pay for entrance tickets and your own meal, if your hosts take you out sight-seeing.
- Travel – you are responsible for the cost of travel to your host. You can tell HOST your maximum budget for travel when you apply. It is advisable to have travel insurance.
To find out more information please click here.