Victims of Human Trafficking Awareness Week
Next week we will be hosting a week of events attempting to raise awareness of human-trafficking and slavery in Kent.
There will be information stations, film showings and guest speakers building towards a public display on Friday 29 at midday where we will seek to form a human chain around Augustine House promoting the fact that we stand against human-trafficking in all its form and that we will not be silent. So please come along and show your support as we think it will take about 300 people to encircle the whole building.
- Monday 25 March – Information Stall, Touchdown AM and Augustine House PM.
- Tuesday 26 March – Information Stall, Touchdown AM; Film at Chaplaincy Centre “I am Jane Doe” 2pm.
- Wednesday 27 March – Community Lunch 12.30-1.30pm with Guest Speaker; Film at Chaplaincy Centre “Escorts” 2pm.
- Thursday 28 March – Film at Chaplaincy Centre “Not My Life” 2pm.
- Friday 29 March – Join us to form a wall of witness around Augustine House in protest against the slave trade trafficking, 12 noon.
Human trafficking involves recruitment, harbouring or transporting people into a situation of exploitation through the use of violence, deception or coercion and forced to work against their will. A recent Kent Police campaign shows that slavery is actual closer than you think and together we can do something about it. . To find out more click here – https://www.kent.police.uk/advice/human-trafficking-and-modern-day-slavery/