The Countdown to Your Arrival
Whether you have just got your results or known for a while that you are coming to CCCU – it is not long now!
We want your first days as a student to go as smoothly as possible and hope this “Countdown to Your Arrivals” is a handy reminder of things you need to do or you may want to think about before you arrive.
If you just do the following six things you are sure to feel prepared!
- Go to canterbury.ac.uk/newstudents for lots of useful information
- Check out our blog for hints and tips https://blogs.canterbury.ac.uk/studentnews/category/new-students/
- Join the CCCUStudents 2019/2020 Closed Facebook to connect with others on your course or those who share similar interests.
- Check out our CCCU YouTube Vloggers
Organise your Finances
- If you have not applied for finance we advise you apply straight away and start also to plan your budget. If you have any questions you can talk to one of our Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers for help.
- If you have a disability or mental health condition, whether diagnosed or not, let Student Support know so they can get in place the help you need before you arrive.
Prepare for Registration
Registration is in two parts – online and then face to face. You will need to:
- Create your account for the Student Portal via www.canterbury.ac.uk/getstarted
- Upload your photograph via the ‘Get Your Smartcard’ tile in your Student Portal.
- Complete the ‘Confirm Your Details’ tile in your Student Portal so we have your correct personal details and payment information.
- Check your Welcome Schedule for the date, time and location of your face to face Welcome and Registration event. The main purpose of this event is to check your key documents such as identification and qualifications – so make sure you read the detailed guidance in your Welcome Schedule to check what original documents you must bring along.
Get Ready to Study
- Check your Programme Essentials for information about your programme and any expected reading you might need to do.
- Connect with a Peer Mentorto show you around the University and introduce you to academic life.
- Find out more about the academic skills you will be supported to develop in your first year from academic writing to time management.
Ask for help
- We are here to support you ever step of the way. If you have any questions ask i-zone, your friendly student information hub – they can be contacted on 01227 922222 or if you’d prefer, you could drop them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.