It’s National Careers Week- so we’re sharing some of the great ways you can develop yourself, improve your CV/interview technique and prepare for life after uni with the Careers & Enterprise Team and beyond!
Careers & Enterprise Online Hub
The Careers and Enterprise Hub is a great place to find information, events and guidance on careers, jobs and planning your future. Log in to book one-to-one career guidance appointments, connect with the team on live chat and find out about the latest events.
Two of the stand out features of the Online Hub is CV360 and Interview360. Susannah, Employability and Skills Officer, takes you through how to access the tools, and what they involve:
The Careers & Enterprise Team also offer a range of workshops throughout the year to help you develop your skills and prepare for your future career.
Find out how to manage your finances effectively, gain Microsoft training, learn tips on how to prepare for an interview, understand virtual etiquette, improve your presentation skills and so much more…
Here are some upcoming workshops this month, but be sure to check out the full listing here:
- Starting your career (Money Matters)– 2 March
- Interview preparation– 11 March
- Support in the Workplace: Visible and Invisible Disabilities– 24 March
Plus a huge range of Microsoft training opportunities!
Keep an eye out on the Careers & Enterprise Eventbrite page, as more workshops will be released at the end of this week…
Virtual Careers Fair – 10 March
Join a virtual careers fair happening on 10 March from 2pm with the School of Law, Policing and Social Sciences. Everyone is welcome- so join to hear from a range of employers throughout the day in a jam-packed programme!
Each session will allow you to hear from the employers, and then be followed by a Q&A to ask any questions you may have:
- 2-3pm: GradForce, Kent Police, Civil Service, Cyber-defence alliance, Medway Youth Service, Tuckers Solicitors
- 3-4pm: Careers & Enterprise team, Probation Services, Ernst & Young, Inner Temple, Lidl, Worshipful company of security professionals
- 4-5pm: Graduate College, Metropolitan Police, Civil Nuclear Constabulary, Parliament and Civil Service, Peace Direct, Weber Shadwick.
Share your views: Enterprise Survey
The Careers and Enterprise Team want to know how they can support you if you are looking to start you own business now or once graduated- take part in the survey here.