Student news

I Matter….

Student news

I Matter….

From the 1 November we will be launching our ‘I Matter’ campaign in support of Black Lives Matter and this will form a central component of our IMATTER/Allyship campaign and our work to dismantle racism.

At Canterbury Christ Church we acknowledge the invaluable and positive contributions that our Black students and staff make to our learning and working environment. It is without a doubt that 2020 has been a challenging year for members of the Black community, with the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 and the recent killings shining a lens on the inequalities within our society including the Higher Education section and the need for urgent and long-lasting change.

Through our Closing Our Gap strategic commitments and our Black History 365 campaign, Canterbury Christ Church University is committed to raising Black voices and ensuring that Black students and staff know that they matter to us.

We are calling all Black students and staff to take part in the I MATTER campaign. To take part simply, post a picture with a sign saying ‘I MATTER’ and share the hashtag #CCCUBH365.

Visit the I Matter web page to download the photo frame and learn more about the campaign.