Get £150 towards your Work Experience – Revised Criteria Means More Students are Eligible
Following on from the initial Work Experience Fund launch, we have relaxed the criteria to ensure that more students are able to make use of the £150.
If you are looking for work experience, but finding it financially difficult to take up an opportunity, you may be eligible to receive the Work Experience Fund!
We have a limited fund of up to £150 per student, which is open to undergraduate students who meet the criteria shown within the WEF – Work Experience Fund Criteria. This will help with the costs of undertaking career related work experience. This might be an unpaid or low paid role, where there are additional travel costs associated with taking up the opportunity, other than the usual cost of travel to University.
These funds can only be used to cover related travel costs incurred as a result of undertaking their work experience.
In order for students to apply, they must meet at least one of the Widening Participation criteria and the Placement Eligibility criteria :
Widening Participation criteria
– Be in receipt of a full maintenance award from the University (household income below £25,000)
– Have been in care as a looked-after child.
– Have declared to the University as disabled.
– Be from a black or minority ethnic group.
– Be a mature entrant to University (21 or over at the start of their course).
Placement eligibility criteria
– Is paid (at or around the minimum wage) or unpaid for a maximum of six weeks.
– Any work experience which is paid at 10% above the minimum wage for a maximum of two weeks; particularly in sectors where it is difficult to gain work experience (e.g. media), or where short unpaid placements are the norm (e.g. law).
Students who have already submitted applications and been unsuccessful will be contacted about these changes.
Note: The Work Experience Fund cannot be used retrospectively so if you have already started your work experience you will not be eligible.
For more information and to apply, visit our Work Experience page at www.canterbury.ac.uk/students/careers-and-jobs/work-experience.aspx