FREE Travel for Broadstairs Students to attend the CCSU Housing and Opportunities Fayre at the Canterbury Campus!
We are happy to announce that all Broadstairs Students are eligible for a free train ticket to attend the Students’ Union Housing and Opportunities Fayre on Tuesday 23 January at the Canterbury Campus.
All Broadstairs students are invited to this event, where the University Accommodation Team and Homestamp will be on hand to provide advice and support for all your housing needs in Canterbury for next year. It is also a great opportunity to learn more about all the clubs, societies and volunteering that you can get involved in and the facilities that are available to you at the Canterbury Campus. We are delighted to confirm that we are able to cover the train ticket cost for any students wishing to attend – simply register your name on the list at Broadstairs Reception Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While you’re at Canterbury, why not check out the other events that will be happening around the campus for Personal Development Week? On Tuesday 23rd January we have the following events happening at Canterbury –
- SU Housing and Opportunities Fayre – a chance for students to find a place to live for 2018/19, to join a society or to be inspired to get involved in their local community.
- Global Primer – is an opportunity for you to engage with experts from the University on significant global issues and sustainable solutions. And if you are passionate about sustainability why not take part in the Sustainability Trail around campus using the latest augmented reality technology.
- Discover Your Local Library and Museum – Discover Canterbury’s local library and museum for work and relaxation. A walking bus will take you from Augustine House to the Beaney to register with the local library, borrow a book, and have a look at museum exhibition.
- Behind the scenes visit of the Library Archive – Join our Show and Tell event for a unique insight into the Archives collection through the minds of those working closest to them. Our student volunteer will also be at hand to answer any questions on how she got involved in this project.
- Presentation Workshop – Think presenting is just reading slides out loud? This workshop is designed to build confidence in presentation skills and it will include planning a short presentation from scratch.
- Intercultural Communication Workshop – How has your culture shaped you: your opinions, your values, your behaviour? How can you reach out to people from other cultures? What problems can arise? Come to these workshop sessions on Inter-Cultural Communication and find out more about yourself and other people