EXAMS COMING UP IN 2020?
In order for you to feel be prepared and to #StressLess in your exams we have put together these top tips:
- Check your timetable so that you know where and when your exam will be, and how long it will take you to get there. You don’t get extra time if you’re late.
- Exams are held at 09.00 (9am) 13.00 (1pm) and 16.00 (4pm).
- Make sure you have your Smartcard (Student ID). Contact the i-zone if you have lost it.
- Your Smartcard (student ID).
- Drinks in plastic bottles or cartons only, make sure there are no notes or writing on them.
- Your glasses, pens and pencils, but not the cases.
- Written permission if you are allowed to use a translation dictionary.
On the day
- Arrive on time – at least 15 minutes before the exam.
- It may sound obvious, but make sure you go to the loo just before the exam! Otherwise you lose time and disturb everyone else too.
- Remove hats and hoods when entering the exam room.
- If you do have to leave the exam room, be aware that you will be asked to empty your pockets.
- Leave all your belongings including all electronic devices (that includes phones, smart watches and programmable calculators etc.) where you are told to, and make sure they are turned off. Better still, leave them at home.
- Sit at the desk with your name on it.
- Display your Smartcard (student ID) on your desk throughout the exam.
- Listen carefully to any instructions given to you.
- Let staff inspect anything on your desk.
- Remain silent.
- Put your hand up to speak to the invigilator or ask to leave the room, the invigilator will come to you.
- Take anything to your desk other than the allowed items.
- Be late – you won’t be given any extra time.
- Turn over the exam paper until told to.
- Write anything until given permission.
- Leave the exam in either the first or last hour (i.e. you can’t leave a two hour exam).
- Act in any way that disturbs anyone else in the room.
- Cheat or do anything that might look like cheating.
- Take any of the stationery off your desk at the end of the exam, including your notes.