When you confirm your place at CCCU and have applied for your Student Loan you will be automatically allocated a grant of up to £600 a year if you meet the qualifying criteria set out below. If you are eligible you will receive a notification via your on-line Student Finance account at the end of October 2020.
To qualify for the Canterbury Christ Church University Grant, students must:
- have a household income of £25,000 per year or less
- be ordinarily resident in England or be an EU student
- be paying fees in excess of £6,165 per annum if full-time, or £4,625 if part-time
- meet any additional eligibility criteria for our scholarships or bursaries (including being on an appropriate course)
- be an undergraduate or PGCE (Initial Teacher Training) student
- not be in receipt of government educational support of £5,000 or more per year, including the Government Grant for Health, and Department for Education Bursaries and Scholarships (but excluding Student Loans Company maintenance grants or loans)
Students who meet the eligibility criteria and are paying the standard full-time undergraduate tuition fees of £9,250 will be entitled to the full £600 grant.
If you’re studying a course where tuition fees are less than £9,250, a foundation year or foundation degree, then the amount you receive will be less than £600. The exact sum will be calculated on a pro-rata basis depending on the fee you’re paying.
If you’re a part-time student studying a course with tuition fees in excess of £4,625, the amount you receive will be calculated on a pro-rata basis depending on the fee you’re paying.
Please note: If you live in our University-owned accommodation, 50% of the grant you receive will be automatically allocated towards the cost of your accommodation. There is also the option to allocate the total amount towards your accommodation payment.