Canterbury, Medway and Tunbridge Wells campuses will close for non-essential services and activity from 19 December 2020 and will re-open on 4 January 2021.
Library, i-zone and IT support
Augustine House will be remain open for students from 10.00 – 17.00 daily, except from 24 – 27 December and 1 January when it will be closed. Please note you will need your Smartcard to access the building.
If you want to book a study space over the holiday period then you’ll need to make a Click and Study booking on our winter holiday booking form.
The Library, i-zone and the IT Hub team will be available remotely from 11am – 4.00pm during this time via telephone and email.
Please note the catering outlets in Augustine House will not be open but there are self-service facilities available
Drill Hall will also be providing a limited service except from 24 – 28 December and 1 January when it too will be closed.
|Augustine House Opening Times||Library, i-zone, IT Hub Opening Times for telephone and email support|
|18 Dec||08.00 – 19.00||9.00 – 17.00|
|19 Dec||10:00-17:00||11:00 – 16.00|
|20 Dec||10:00-17:00||11:00 – 16.00|
|21 Dec||10:00-17:00||11:00 – 16.00|
|22 Dec||10:00-17:00||11:00 – 16.00|
|23 Dec||10:00-17:00||11:00 – 16.00 |
(Library Point CLOSED)
|28 Dec||10:00-17:00||11:00 – 16.00|
|29 Dec||10:00-17:00||11:00 – 16.00|
|30 Dec||10:00-17:00||11:00 – 16.00|
|31 Dec||10:00-17:00||11:00 – 16.00|
|2 Jan||10:00-17:00||11:00 – 16.00|
|3 Jan||10:00-17:00||11:00 – 16.00|
Remember the security team are also on duty 24 hours per day, 365 days per year across all campuses. In an emergency please ring the North Holmes Road Security team on 01227 922111.
There is a range of wellbeing support available.
- Togetherall – a free 24/7 online support service where you can go if you’re feeling down or struggling to cope with anything. Whether you want to speak to peers or a counsellor, there will be someone there every minute of every day.
- Self Help Guides – provide online advice on how to manage a range of wellbeing matters.
You can also contact:
- Your GP for general physical or mental health concerns
- The Samaritans: 116 123 for confidential, emotional support 24/7.
- 24/7 Mental Health Matters Helpline: 0800 107 0160. Confidential emotional support and guidance. They also have details of local and national support services.
You can also stay connected via the Christ Church Community Facebook Group.
Most services, following the latest government guidelines, plan to resume from 4 January.
The Government has asked students to take an asymptomatic COVID -19 test at the point they return to university after the Christmas break – whether this is to attend face-to-face teaching or to access the Library, resources and facilities to support your assessments /coursework. For further details click here