Didn’t they do well?! Today’s lunchtime concert was the first chance for our first years to dazzle us with their talent – and they did just that. Real professionalism and maturity was demonstrated, in the form of a variety of genres, from a recorder concerto to a guitar sonata, and everything in between. The students’ hard work over the past year was reflected in a full and vibrant programme, directed by Chris Price, level 4 Performance Studies tutor.

I spoke to  Sara Wilson before the concert who said,
“I’m a little nervous but I have practiced sufficiently, so it should be fine! I’m looking forward to the concert; theres something in it for everyone”.

Laura Stephen said after her performance,
“I felt a strong sense of achievement, all the hard work has paid off at last! I’m very excited for next year and all the performance opportunities, but I’m feeling very relieved it’s all done”.

Students from all years, as well as staff from the department and members of the public, attended to show their support, and there was a real sense of pride and achievement felt by all – well done, first years!

Kelly Butler, BMus Year 2

The next lunchtime concert will be in St Gregory’s at 1.00pm on 12th June: a celebration of Chamber Music featuring students in all years of the BMus and BA Music at CCCU, as well as some alumni.

This concert is Directed by Martin Outram of the Maggini Quartet, and is dedicated to the memory of Carmel Kaine, one of our wonderful violin teachers and an inspiring musician and teacher, who passed away recently.