Announcement: SMAD Student Research Award 2018
We are pleased to announce the call for the Centre for Research on Communities and Cultures SMAD Student Research Award 2018, which aims to recognise outstanding research by students in the School of Media Art and Design.
Winners of the award will receive:
- £300 cash prize
- Associate Centre membership for a year
- Opportunity to contribute to the Centre’s activities and research
- Recognition at the Centre’s Annual Conference and in its publications
Deadline for application is 17 May.
The piece of research may be empirically or conceptually based or involve the creation of a practice-based research outcome (e.g. artefact, film, news report, design work, photograph). The work may be part of a module/degree assessment or result of extra-curriculum activities.
The topic of the research must address one of the following research areas of the Centre:
- Coastal communities
- Communities, cultures and memory
- Film archives, communities and cultures
- News and journalism in the digital age
- Social media and communities
Further information about the call, including how to apply, can be found here. If you have any questions, please contact Karen Shepherdson firstname.lastname@example.org or Agnes Gulyas email@example.com.