Business Futures programme has been running across the year and concluded in the week commencing 30th January. We saw a number of events and activities, including networking with employers and graduate recruiters, mock assessment centers, careers fairs, student panels and more. This is a quick recap of the careers focused week.
- During Business Futures programme we ran over 37 employability themed workshops with most of them being employer led
- We held a Careers Fair featuring 16 recruiters.
- On Monday 30th January, we organised a major networking event. This event featured 14 employers, graduate recruiters, recruitment agencies, entrepreneurs, charities, and a professional body. More than 300 students attended. It was a lively day that provided students with an opportunity to speak to a range of employers.
- We held two student panels in Canterbury and Broadstairs – where our students that are currently out on their placement year came and shared their experiences with current second year students offering frank, useful information as well as being inspiring ambassadors for The Business School on the benefits of placement.
- Enterprise Rent a Car and Challenge Network ran a mock assessment centre and talked through what employers expect from graduates, offering students useful insight.
- Amplify Trading ran a three day workshop for students giving them a taste of working within the financial markets. This included trading in major market themes, using a leading market making platform. Students created prices in both quote and order driven markets that reflected investment bank’s exposure of risk and the application of fundamental analysis to trade the US employment data.